Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to School


Our Momstown Anniversary Party was a HUGE success on Thursday. We had a an amazing turn out of members, new and old. We gathered at St. Vincent park to celebrate a great year. Food was a plenty ( as usual with our pot lucks), the weather couldnt have been better, the kids were playing and the moms got a great opportunity to catch up, and meet each other.


Now that August is wrapping up, some of us are getting ready to send kids off to school ( some for the first time), its a fun and exciting time and maybe a little bit scary as well.

Im sending my 3yr old off to JK in September, and my 7yr old to Gr 2. I have very mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Im sending my baby off to JK on the bus and off in to the big "school" world. He is super excited about getting on the bus and being with his friends in JK. His back pack is sitting by the front door already, with his new shoes inside. His lunch bag is ready and he keeps talking about what he is going to bring in it.

I on the other hand, keep thinking "is he going to be able to open the containers?" " Will he eat to slow and not finish his lunch/snack on time?", " Will he be ok on the playground?" I have so many questions, and really the answers are unknown. I know from sending my oldest off to school for the first time 4years ago, he will be fine and adapt to school very quickly. But its still makes me nervous.

On another note, Im excited for some "Mommy" time and already have a list of things I need to get done around the house ie: sorting toys, cleaning out closets etc. I will put the kids on the bus in the morning, wave my good byes and get to work................ counting down the hours to when my little boys get off the bus, give me a big hug, and tell me about their day.


No comments: