
On Saturday December 12th we had our 2nd Annual Momstown Christmas party at Holly United Church. It was a great day, filled with crafts, games, food and of course Santa!
The kids eyes lit up when Santa walked through the door. Some in delight, some in fear. A few of the children ran to give the Santa a hug, while others watched from afar, wondering if their parents were going to make them get close to him. I'm sure some great pictures were captured, of the little ones sitting on Santa's knee ( smiles or not).
As the days pass by, and Christmas approaches, its amazing to see my children's excitement. Both of them are counting down the day until Santa arrives. Justin my 4 yr old, really "gets it" this year and asks every day when it will be Christmas. He cant wait until Santa comes with his Diego Underwater Adventure toy and his Rocketship. Braydon my 7 yr old, is excited as well but I fear the questions will be coming soon, " Is Santa Real?". I have to start preparing my answer, I want to get as many years of Christmas Magic as possible out of my kids. I will lie, for as many years as I need to in order to watch their eyes light up on Christmas morning, when they run downstairs to see if Santa has eaten the cookies and milk we left, only to realize that, this must mean, he has left presents for them. Not that I'm promoting lying to my children but in this case, LIE,LIE, LIE! if it creates magic and memories for them.......... a mothers gotta do, what a mothers gotta do... right?
No comments:
Post a Comment