The evening came and it was still sunny and hot and humid. We were outside trying to find the little hole that keeps taking the air out of our kiddies pool when my hubby and I noticed that it was suddenly dark, very dark.
It was like in a matter of minutes the sky had gone black, the wind had picked up to near tornado like strength, and the air felt heavy. And then the big fat drops started.

The sky opened up and the rain came down. In Buckets. The thunder and lightening made their grand appearance as well.
We all watched from the patio doors. I love storms personally. The strange, eerie calmness in the air one moment while the next moment pure havoc plays out from the skies.
The storm was short but fierce...flooding the front yard but hopefully our basement!

I am glad that my kids also like the storms. I know some kids are petrified. The loudness, the dark, the not knowing what is happening. It can certainly be a scary time for little ones!
I guess this storm is just another sign that summer is here, summer sure does have the best storms!!
No comments:
Post a Comment