members and old, making friends and having fun! Here is one members take on the evening!
So the big cook, what can I tell you, oh yeah awesomeness. This wonderful group of ladies pick out recipes from an amazing cook book and voila, start cooking. That’s not exactly it...hahahaha. So Chrissy a long time member of Momstown Barrie decided to host the big cook at her house. I was so excited to do another one since it had been since May of last year that I got the privilege to have fun with my old crew of Momstown members and share some yummy treats.
As we planned out what we were making Chrissy decided it would be cheaper to buy everything all together and just split the cost, it made much more sense to me as pork is much cheaper than chicken...etc..
Now when she made a decision to do all the shopping herself, I thought, is this girl NUTS? That’s like the biggest shopping bill ever, I couldn’t believe it. So this very determined mama went out on her own, priced everything to the cheapest value and went nuts. I just asked myself, could I do that? No way, this girl was awesome.

So we get to her house to start prepping but all of us realized, wow, this much to chop, cook, prep, we couldn’t believe it. So off we went. So as I’m standing in front of the stove cooking up what seemed to be a whole cow in ground beef and realizing our host did twice as much, I just couldn’t believe it. Watching poor Laura and Jenn prepping those onions on the Magic Bullet that thank the lord I decided to bring, brought us all to tears (almost 50 lbs...yikes). We were almost done prepping until, wait, yes we didn’t cut up the chicken into cubes. So looking back I would never have cut up raw chicken in that amount ever, our hands had the distinct skin on it that wasn’t exactly ours, it took us forever to get it off but we did it. Way to go us.
So Chrissy didn’t have a wine bottle opener so what did we use, a meat thermometer, yes and it worked. Not without a little bit or a lot of hard work. So it’s at the end of the night and we were putting our last meal in our bags to bring home. Yes it’s almost midnight and our children were going to be up in a few hours, YIKES. All I have to say as I have never laughed so hard, had such a wonderful time, hung out with some amazing women and got to take many many meals home to freeze for my family. So even if it went so long and we worked so hard, it was worth every minute of it. So thanks Momstown for introducing this wonderful cook book called “The Big Cook”. We working moms, stay at home moms or anyone in between should never live without it. Thanks Chrissy for hosting and working your buns off, thanks Laura, Jenn, Nicole, Nicole, Colleen, Lisa and Karrie for all your help. This was a great night and I can’t wait for the next one. Check out the awesomeness website and check back on the momstown website for the next fun adventure. I can’t wait. http://www.thebigcook.com/


1 comment:
I have never seen so much ground beef in one spot! WOW!
Post a Comment