The end of June brings graduation time. For many of our momstown mamas, children are graduating from preschool and will be heading to their first big school for JK. Many more have children graduating from kindergarten and moving on to grade 1.
This is a sentimental and emotional time for for moms and dads as their little babies are getting bigger and school is the first indication of this.
For me, graduation time was a little different this year. One of my babies, now almost 14, graduated from grade 8 last night.
This is huge. I watched her graduate preschool and head to kindergarten. I watched her graduate kindergarten and head to full time school. I have watched her grow and flourish and soak up the knowledge thrown at her over the years. And now I have watched her graduate from 10 years of schooling to head on to the next level, the next adventure; High School.
It was a bitter sweet day. Watching my daughter be pampered by her three honorary big sisters, fellow athletes from her baton club, that have also watched her grow up and were excited and proud to be a part of her big day.
I watched as my beautiful baby girl was transformed into a stunning young woman. My heart swelled with pride seeing her but it was a little bit sad to see her grown up, she's not a baby anymore.
The graduation ceremony was fantastic. Arriving at the high school she will attend come September for their big ceremony was exciting. All the girls were so gorgeous and they were full of squeals and laughter as they gathered for pictures and checked out the dresses they all chose for their special day.
The boys all looked so grown up and handsome, and the girls, well they noticed.
Through the ceremony awards were presented to the kids to honour their accomplishments. My heart swelled with pride as I heard my daughters name called over and over for various awards and then finally as she was announced as part of the honour roll.
I am proud of my daughter for making so many academic accomplishments while also being an elite competitive athlete and spending many long hours in the gym, as well as fitting in some social time for fun!
I look forward to continuing to watch my daughter grow and succeed. My wish for her is that she continues to make good choices, be a leader, work hard and succced. But most of all I wish that all her dreams come true.
To quote Dr. Suess : “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”




1 comment:
Sounds like a lovely day! And congrats to you for all you've done to help her become such a lovely young lady :)
Post a Comment