Monday, July 16, 2012
ahhh cottage life!
Summer Time. We all love it. The weather is great to be outdoors for hours and hours a day, it's a great time to make road trips, visit amusement parks and just plain have fun.
My family has always spent the summer at the cottage. For as long as I can remember my family has had a cottage and this was the only way to do summer. I didn't do summer camp as a kid, or go camping, or travel across Canada to see the sights. We went to the cottage.
My kids are experiencing the same. Cottage life. I couldn't ask for a better way to spend the summer with my kids.
We still make day trips and visit the zoo and amusement parks. We go to the beach and picnic with friends. We do a lot of great stuff locally but whenever we can we head up north to the family cottage.
The great thing about having a family cottage is the family time. Watching my kids with my parents is priceless. Watching my kids experience the things I did as a kid is heartwarming.
Swimming in the lake for 10 hours a day, fishing at dusk with their Papa, roasting marshmallows at the campfire... the memories are endless.
Just sitting here thinking about it I can smell the camp fire, hear the giggles and can't help but smile.
The days and weeks we spend at the cottage are probably the ones that make the most memories.
Labels:
cottage,
cottage life,
family time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
We just got back from a week at the cottage - was amazing! The kids love it there too, such a fun place to be with a slower pace of life. Glad you are having a good summer!
Post a Comment