Friday, May 10, 2013

A special day with my momstown Barrie mamas!

Today was our annual Pre-Mother's Day Breakfast for the momstown mamas!

Every year I prepare dozens of pancakes for the moms and tots so we can gather together on the Friday before Mother's Day to celebrate what we do best... being a mom!

We had a great group of moms and tots out and they all enjoyed their pancakes, chocolate chips ones seemed to be a fave for the little guys!

It's nice to sit back and chat with the other moms while the kids play.  That is what is so awesome about momstown, always having someone to talk to about what we spend every waking and sleeping moment thinking about.. being a mom.

This year our breakfast fell on my birthday.  I'm not one to toot my own horn and not one to be the centre of attention, I get a little shy sometimes.  But my mamas made sure that my day was special and perfect and they didn't let my birthday go by unnoticed

While sitting enjoying a coffee after our pancakes and chatting with the other moms, I heard the start of the grand old Happy Birthday Song.

Around the corner comes one of my members and close friend with a cake, lit with candles and a little one carrying flowers.

The kindness and thoughtfulness of these ladies to take what was meant to be their special day and do something for me, brought me to tears.

I love my friends and I love the momstown mamas, all of them.  To know that they care about me is a huge reminder on why I do what I do and how special all the ladies are.  My life wouldn't be the same without them.

Thank you ladies for my special birthday surprise.

No comments: