When one of our members came to me and asked about doing a mixed media art night I had no idea what she was talking about
All I could picture was some strange art with weird music and movies or something...the word media kind of had me thinking along that lines.
Once she showed me some samples of pieces she had made I was so curious to see more and to get hands on and make something myself!
Mixed Media art is a great way to get creative and has no boundaries at all. For someone like me this was hard. I am used to doing crafts where there are instructions and a clear outcome. Even when I scrapbook I don't do anything free and creative, I follow books with patterns... or copy friends that have done something creative.
The most creative and abstract I ever get is without Picasso in the Park when the kids get their hand and feet into paint and less loose.
After staring at my canvas feeling very intimidated for quite some time, one of the other moms grabbed the paint that I had collected and just squirted various colours on for me and told me to go.
Horrified, I took a brush and started smearing the paint. The other ladies had no problem getting into this and were using their hands and other things to spread their paint and make patterns.
With the paint on and dried, it was time to really get creative. Using various items that we had collected (tissue paper, sheets of music, calendars, post cards, material, etc) we started to glue pieces on and create our masterpieces.
This was actually fun. It was freeing to know there was no right or wrong. It was amazing to watch random pieces of ripped paper, crumpled tissues and ink form into a masterpiece!
What I loved about this was that a. I was able to do it even though I had some anxiety at the beginning, b. I made something for my daughter that could never ever be replicated and that no one else could ever possible give her. I actually want to do it again!
All of the pieces created were amazing, so creative and so fantastic!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment