Sunday, July 14, 2013

Campfire and Cupcakes Birthday Party!

My daughter Noelle just turned 6 and I wanted to do something different for her birthday this year.  We have done the princess, the pool, rainbows, and lots of other girly themes (always a theme!) but this year I thought just to take two things she loves and make them into a party!

We are lucky enough to have a campfire pit in our backyard, we live in the boonies so this is the norm around here!   I took a risk and made her party later in the evening so that having a campfire wasn't too out there.

The kids came over all excited and ready to party!  It's been hot so we had the pool out for the kids to splash around in until it was campfire time.

First we roasted wieners.  We like to make spider dogs by cutting the ends of the wieners.  The pieces will start to curl as they cook, it's a good way to know their done and they look fun!

The kids had fun doing this, and so did the adults!  A few of the kids had never had the opportunity to roast wieners, or even marshmallows, so this was extra fun for them.

After we had our spider dogs we got down to roasting marshmallows and making s'mores!

This was so much fun with the kids.  They all had fun roasting their marshmallows and putting the s'mores together!  It was quite the messy treat, but so fun and so yummy!!!

Since this was a birthday party, we couldn't finish the evening off without having cake!  Even though bellies were full of hot dogs and marshmallows, everyone made room for cake!

I was so lucky to have found Vanilla Beans and Butter Cream to make my daughters cake!  It was a last minute decision and I told her my them of cupcakes and campfires.  I never could have imagined that she would come up with such a perfect, awesome cake!!!  I was beyond impressed!!!

Happy Birthday Noelle!

No comments: