Today my baby turned 15. I have no idea how that many years have gone by so fast.
I call her my baby even though she is midway through her teens and in high school and is not my youngest by far. No matter how old she gets she will always be my baby. So cliché of a mama, I know. But it's true.
She was the one that made me a mom. She is the one that set my life on it's path to forever wearing my heart on my sleeve, forever knowing what it feels like to love someone more than you could imagine and forever knowing what it means to be loved back by someone unconditionally.
My baby was a surprise. The best surprise I could ever receive. She has been surprising me ever since with her kindness, her intelligence, her quirkiness, her witt, her beauty, her achievements, her strength and her determination (lots of it!).
I look at her today and am proud to be her mama. She has grown up to be such a beautiful young lady. And while she is still young, and I remind her daily she is still a child, I will hold on to everyone moment that I can and make whatever memories I can.
The years pass by so fast when you are a mom. One day they are tiny newborns relying on you to keep them alive, then they are walking and talking, then they are off to high school (where you learn to try not to kill them) and soon driving (oh good lord help me!) and then off to college and starting lives of their own.
I only have a few years left to treasure my baby as a child. I know she will make a wonderful adult, but for as long as I can I will treasure every moment of her being a child and more.
I love you baby girl. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:
Awww....so sweet Karrie :)
Post a Comment