Monday, September 30, 2013

Time for ME! My fitness journey

So I am finally doing something for ME.

I always put my kids first, even before my own health.  Recently I decided that by doing something for me, I am actually doing something for them too.  Getting healthy.

I have struggled with weight for years, since my middle daughter was born, 6 years ago actually. I have made excuses for years and years, too busy, too tired, etc. etc. That and the fact that I am highly allergic to working out, getting sweaty and being out of breath. All those things made me put off getting fit and healthy.  I didn't want to do things I don't like even if it was good for me.  I have never been into sports, or the gym or anything really physical and avoided starting these things.  Why start now!  well now i have a reason.

I have decided to finally stop complaining and do something about it, even if I have to sweat and do physical activity I don't like.  So knowing myself, that I can easily make excuses  and avoid doing the things i hate when i only had to answer to me, i found someone i have to be accountable to.  A personal trainer.  Her name is Lori and she is the owner of Inner Motion Fitness.  She is going to kick my tush into action and get me healthy.

And so it begins.  At home training to become healthy. To make me even more accountable... i am going to share this adventure with you.

Working out at home with a trainer while your 3 year old is home is not easy.  The constant barrage of questions and calls for attention is quite distracting. However, it can be encouraging too!  While he constantly asks for a drink or a book or a TV show, he also tells me I did a good job, kisses me between sit ups and brings me water.

I learned fast to have his drinks and snacks ready, move toys out of the way and have the ipad fully charged.

So my journey has begun. My goal is to not die. or at least not pass out; which almost happened on our first day and of course to get fit.

I will tell you that after only a week i feel good.  I feel good that i have made a positive choice for me and my kids.  My body will thank me one day, when it stops hurting....

No comments: