Friday, January 28, 2011

Cereal, it does a body good!


Yesterday I took part in an awesome presentation by Kellogg's as they introduced their new Love Your Cereal campaign to a group of momstown owners.

After taking away a great gift bag loaded with cereal and armed with information, not to mention my prize gift pack that I won, i headed home to share with my family what I had learned and what I had received. You have never seen boxes of cereal bring such great joy to a room full of kids!!!

Kellogg's reminded me why I love cereal. Not only does it taste great, is a versatile food for any meal or snack of the day and a great way to get the kids to
have some milk during the day, but cereal is loaded with all the good stuff that we want our kids to have in a day!! Fibre, iron, whole grains, etc. But it also doesn't contain the things we try and avoid for our kids... most cereals have NO sodium! They are also so low in sugar, that even the sugary versions many of us tell our kids they can't have contain less than 5% of the daily intake of sugar that a child will consume in a day... WOW! Check out their Love Your Cereal site and see for yourself!

I was amazed to learn so many great health facts about cereal. It just made my love of cereal deeper, and made me feel great for allowing my kids to eat this for breakfast day in and day out (ok, and occasionally for dinner on those rushed nights). So i will continue to pack cereal in the diaper bag for a quick snack, give kids a bowl before bed or as a treat after school, because it's just that good!!!

Now off to have a bowl of some yummy Frosted Flakes, or maybe some Froot Loops... or wait, Vanilla Rice Krispies sound good too.... oh the options!!!!!

2 comments:

momstown Milton said...

It was definately an informative session. Lot's of valuable info that helped to clear up some preconceived notions I had about cereal. No longer hesitant to serve cereal to my 14mth old. In fact we are working our way thru a variety of boxes (thanx to Kellogg's) and luvin it!

Christine said...

I love Kellogg's too!