
I jinxed myself horribly this week.
We had been talking about all the kids and moms that have come down with this nasty flu that is going around and the horrible colds that are plaguing households across Barrie and how bad they are and how long they have lasted. It's just horrible this year!
And then I did it, I proudly said out loud, "we have been lucky, none of us have been sick since last winter".
Well that did it, the gods that control who gets sick and when decided that I needed to take my turn on the roller coaster of sickness...it started with that yucky feeling in my throat. A day later it was aches and pains and chills. Fevers and a stuffy/runny nose (pick one would ya!), a cough and oh did I mention the bone chilling aches accompanied by the chills?
I hate being sick. I hate being sick even more as a mother. There is no time to sleep it off or rest under the covers dosed on cold meds, there is no time for hot baths to ease the aches. Someone has to look after the children. There is one to take care of ME. Unless you count my 3 year old who gave me her bunny to hug, told me she would rub my feet, but later, not now, and told me I should go see the dentist (of course she meant the doctor, but her recent fear of the dentist has taken over, a whole different story all together)...
So what is a mother to do when she is sick? Suck it up. That's it. And pray that none of the little people in the house get sick at the same time.

Colds season can end anytime as far as I am concerned. I have used enough tissues to last a lifetime and my sore, raw nose has had enough. Now to go and lay on the floor while the kids climb on top of me. This is of course, the only chance I will get to lie down while sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment