Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pancake Tuesday!


What could make a Tuesday better than having breakfast for dinner! But not just any breakfast - pancakes!! Oh yeah!

We love pancakes in my house! Usually I save pancake day for Sundays, the amount that I need to make to feed this crew (my hubby alone eats a whole batch!) makes this a weekend kind of breakfast. But a few times a year I find an excuse to have them for dinner, and today I didn't have to make the excuse, all hail Pancake Tuesday!!!

Pancakes make a great meal, tasty, healthy and versatile!

The kids were excited when I told them bright and early this morning that we were having pancakes for dinner. My 3 year old has asked me 87 times today when the pancakes will be ready!!


So as I made my pancakes - plain, with chocolate chips (for my oldest!)
and a new oatmeal pancake recipe, the kids excitement that there were no veggies to be eaten tonight created a great atmosphere in the kitchen. The table was set without me asking for help and they all say eagerly waiting for them to be served.What a great night.


The kids loved their breakfast dinner! Even my little man, he shoveled in the sweet oatmeal pancakes like they were candy!



Pancake Tuesday, I love you.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie - momstown mama said...

love pancakes Tuesday!! great blog about an special everyday!