Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day, in a gym....

While most of your were spending time with your families enjoying the gorgeous weather, taking a walk, having dinner or just hanging outside in the sunshine and celebrating your Mother's Day, I spent mine in a gym with my oldest daughter as she competed in a baton twirling competition in New York.

As moms we know that our lives are dedicated to our children. We make sacrifices everyday to ensure our children have the best childhood we can possibly give them. I am sure most of you will agree that the greatest thing we can give our children is our time.

I think my daughter realized today, more than any other day, that no matter what, no matter when, even on a day dedicate to ME, I will always make time for her.

On our long drive home, we reflected on a day full of accomplishments. And as per usual, my Queen of the Self Portrait Took her customary selfie of us in the car. A day to remember!



As a mother to a competitive baton twirler, a lot of my times is spent travelling to lessons and competitions and sitting in gyms watching her twirl her heart out to perfect what she loves most, twirling.

Watching my daughter grow as an athlete and as a young woman has been an honour. I have raised a beautiful and intelligent girl and I am so extremely proud of her. Watching her put her heart and soul on the floor of a gym in front of dozen of people, judges, her coaches, her competition and her mother is such a humbling experience for me. I never thought it was possible to feel so much love and pride.

Today, as I sat in the gym with all the other mothers, on our Mother's Day, I know that this feeling of pride was understood by everyone around me, and that these little moments that we give to our daughters are the most important ones.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas!

2 comments:

Ann-Marie - momstown mama said...

great post Karrie - you are one dedicated mom!

Unknown said...

Way to word it Karrie ..well said!