Thursday, May 12, 2011

Preparing for THE sale of the Season... by a procrastinator


I am a procrastinator. There, I said it. I work well under pressure, I put off what can be, and when crunch time hits I spend countless moments saying, "why didn't I do this yesterday?" The upcoming mom to mom sale is no different.

This Saturday May 14th from 9am to 2pm at Innisdale Secondary School, momstown Barrie is holding it's 3rd Annual Spring Mom to Mom Sale. It's going to be huge. It's going to be awesome. And no one will know what a procrastinator I am...unless of course they read this!

This year I had the wonderful opportunity to work with a bunch of students from Barrie Central Collegiate that are taking a Business Leadership class. They have taken the sale on as a project to gain some real life, hands on experience in running a business and planning a community event.


The students have been great! They have answered emails, fielding all sorts of questions regarding the sale, they have advertised and promoted the sale, they have coordinated door prizes, and secured clothing racks. They have worked hard. As students, I don't think they realized what an undertaking it was to organize this sort of event. They did great and I can't wait to see what they all think come tomorrow evening when dozens businesses come to set up their tables of goodies and of course, when the dozens of moms converge on Innisdale Secondary School (our sale location if you missed it) with bins upon bins of gently used items all to be sold to the masses that will come out to shop. These young kids are in for a shock at the amount of "stuff" us mamas collect!!

But this will be nothing compared to Saturday. If past years tell me anything, this year is going to be huge. Hundreds of mamas coming out to shop. Not just any kind of shopping, bargain shopping. What us mamas do best!!

So as I sit here, taking a brake (ok, fine, procrastinating some more) from tagging and sorting all of my own children's items, dreading each bin as I open it to find millions of pieces of precious clothing and memories, I can't help but wonder... why didn't I do this yesterday?

No comments: