Halloween is just 2 weeks away. For those that know me, I hate Halloween.
It creeps me out. The little ones look adorable in their costumes, yes, but everything else creeps me out.
I don't really even know why. I try to put on a brave face for my kids sake because of course they love it, why wouldn't they! They get to dress up and beg for candy!
I usually procrastinate in getting costumes and get the leftoves because I wait so long, but they don't seem to mind. My kids will never be any of those gory and scary creatures that you see in the stores or on tv. Never. Not so long as they live in my house. I wouldn't even know where to begin to get them prepared for that!
Seeing all those kids on Halloween night running around the streets with fake blood coming out of gross looking wounds, axes stuck on fake heads, weilding swords and other weapons of horror, wearing scary masks and gross looking props... it freaks me out. Who are those parents that dress their 5 year olds like dead people!!!!
Taking the kids out trick or treating freaks me out to the point. I mean I am literally a bundle of nerves, wound up so tight that the slightest scare would emit from me a scream of sheer terror. My tummy gets into knots, my hair stands on end and all I can think about is when will they be done. All the while I smile and take pictures and watch my kids have fun, but I am always looking for the next house and the next thing to avoid and trying to predict the next "trick"
If only they knew how terrified I was... of kids dressed up in costumes, ridiculous I know. Boy they would laugh me to the grave! Speaking of which, why do people seem to find pleasure in turning their yards into fake graveyards, with ridiculous tombstones and scary music and horrible men that like to pretend they aren't real and then jump up and scare the living day lites out of me... I mean the kids.
As for staying home and handing out candy, well that freaks me out too. You never who is going to be on the other side of the door when that bell rings... that unknown scares me almost as much as wandering dark streets with scary people.
So while I am petrified of Halloween night and all that comes with it,there are some things that I do enjoy surrounding the celebration.
I love going to the farm to pick pumpkins. I love carving pumpkins with the kids. Ok, that's it.
Oh and of course I love the momstown Boo Bash... but nothing scary ever happens there!




No comments:
Post a Comment