It had been a couple of years since we had a family portrait done. I thought it was about time since I have a million pics of the kids, but barely any of me with the kids since I am always the one behind the lens.
Getting my picture taken is not one of my favorite things to do. I could photograph my kids all day long, but for me, I hate having my picture taken.
With busy schedules it was hard to find the right time, plus wanting outdoor pics, finding good weather and the perfect fall setting was hard too! Then there was the outfits... so easy when its just the kids alone, or even all the kids, but throw me in there and it becomes a nightmare!
With location, outfits and weather finally set, it was time to get our pics done. And it was an adventure.
Getting kids to sit is hard enough in a studio, but put them in a forest with so much to see and do and it's darn near impossible to get them to stand still for a good picture!
Running the trails, climbing hills, walking across logs, and throwing rocks in the creek made for a great distraction for the kids.
Thanks to a very patient photographer, and new friend, Samantha Budd of Elephant Shoe Photography, we were able to get some great pictures of us as a family and of the kids on their own.
Whenever we could we tried to pose a picture that would fit in between the kids bursts of energy.
There was lots of laughter, some frustrated yells from me, especially after Noelle found the V-shaped stick that she proceeded to run around with on her head yelling "I'm a Moose!' You know what happened after than... Nathan needed a turn, and for the rest of the photos he has a stick in his hand.
All in all, the pics turned out fantastic, helps when you have gorgeous kids to begin with, and a great photographer with patience.
The photos are great memories of the day, the antics will last in my memory as well.


1 comment:
great family photo Karrie!
Post a Comment