Saturday, November 30, 2013

Countdown to Christmas with Paper Ring Trees!

At our Art and Play before December hit, we got crafty making advent calendars out of Paper Ring Trees.

This was a pretty simple craft to put together, and easy for kids to follow for taking it apart to count down the days until Santa arrives!!

All we needed was 24 strips of green paper and one yellow one.

By gluing all the rings together in the shape of a tree, leaving the yellow one for the star, we ended up with a Christmas tree shape!

As the days of December go by the kids can tear off a ring, the last ring will be Christmas day, the star!

To make it even more fun, you could write little thing on each green strip before gluing them together.  Simple things like, read a book, bake cookies, or watch a Christmas show, will make it that much more fun for the kids to see what they get to do with each ring they take apart!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I am going to do this with my own kids I know they would love it!