Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas specials for kids!

As a kid I loved watching Christmas specials after dinner. I can remember getting all excited to get in my PJ's and watch the same specials I had seen a million times before.

There were the classic favorites like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman, Charlie Brown's Christmas and ones like Santa Claus is coming to Town and 'Twas the Night before Christmas.   Does anyone remember Christmas Eve on Sesame Street?

I love that these are still coming on for my kids to watch, and that they haven't been reworked or changed to meet today's cartoon standards.

I also loved all the cartoon Christmas specials from the cartoons of my childhood.  Alvin and The Chipmunks, The Smurfs, Garfield's Christmas, all the Disney specials and more. 

I would love to see some of those old holiday specials come on now to share those with my kids.

I certainly do miss the cartoons from when I was younger... they may not have had the fancy graphics, or be 3D, but they were sure fun to watch!

No comments: