Sunday, February 14, 2010

Busy Weekend

This weekend is a busy one with Valentines Day and Family Day. It is a weekend to spend time with loved ones and take time out to just do "family things".

Im not a huge fan of Valentines Day, to be honest. I feel its a day for card and flower companies to make lots of money. I have always told my husband NOT to buy me flowers as he will pay double the price on Valentines day, just wait until mid week and get me some for 1/2 the price. I don't need flowers just one day a year to know that he loves and cares for me. I know I sound like a scrooge but I just feel its over rated.

Now Family Day on the other had, I think is important! Not that everyday shouldn't be "Family Day" but I think its one day that everyone should take the time and make it just about family. Turn off the computers, put aside that phone call and just snuggle up on the couch watch a movie or go skating. Spending family time together doesn't have to cost money.

Enjoy your day with the family tomorrow!

No comments: