Saturday, July 30, 2011

Baby Snuggles

I am a baby lover. I love all babies and everything about them. I love their itty bitty toes and chubby feet, I love their tiny little hands and fingers, I love their little lips and button noses. I love the way babies smell, the way they sigh, their tiny little cries, their big toothless smiles, their adoring eyes... you get the picture.

My babies are not so much babies anymore. I still cuddle them and snuggles them at every chance and I adore everything about them, but they are not so little and anymore.

The great thing about being a part of momstown is the baby train. Someone is always having a baby! This way I get the pleasure of meeting so many sweet babies.
This year seems to be an especially big baby year. I feel like everywhere I look there are pregnant mamas and new babies. Just this week alone I have watched a friend become a grandma, another friend become a mom for the first time, 2 momstown members welcome their second babies, and their first sons, and showered a friend for her third and possibly final baby.


It's bittersweet for me. I love to see the glow of pregnancy on people, especially on my friends. I love to watch the excitement of planning and preparing for the babies, especially when their are little siblings who are just beginning to understand.

The bittersweet part comes from knowing that my baby days are over. No more babies here... at least this is what I have been told by the Mister. I guess you should never say never, but for now, I have to accept that the only newborn babies I will be snuggling are those of others. Don't get me wrong, I adore the snuggles I get from my own kids very much, no baby will ever replace the snuggles I get at home. But there is just something so special and so different when it comes to newborn baby snuggles.


I try to get my snuggles whenever I can. Not to worry though, I avoid snuggling strangers babies, though I must admit that I have been tempted many times to ask random strangers if I could hold their little ones. Of course I never would, but the temptation has been there!

I save the baby snuggling to those that I know and hence I have become "The Baby Hog". Any of my friends that have had babies recently can attest to the fact that I will take their baby and hang on until I am forced to give them back. I have been fortunate this year to watch many friends welcome babies and having all these new babies around is so incredible!! Having a great circle of friends where we have watched each other go through pregnancy and bring our babies into this world together has been amazing, I know it has made me feel closer to my friends and their families and I thank all of my friends for letting me be a part of that and most importantly, for allowing me to snuggling their babies!

It's been an awesome week of babies and I know there are still so many to come in the next few months.

Welcome to this world sweet babies!!!

No comments: