One of my Barrie members wrote a great post that got me all teary eyed and emotional. I wish that everyone could understand just what momstown is and how much it can make a difference in your mommy life.
Here is her story....
Momstown… More than just a mommy group
When people ask me what Momstown is, my first response is usually it’s my mommy group. But when I say that, I mean so much more. Back when I first joined momstown, I was new to Barrie. I was a first time mom who had the privilege of staying at home. I didn’t know any other moms in my area. In fact, I knew no one in Barrie at all! My eldest daughter was 7 months old when we moved here and I first became acquainted with momstown in October of 2008.
I was pregnant with our second child, sleep deprived, nauseated and just plain frustrated. I loved being a mom, but to be honest, it was wearing me out. Not having any alone time or social time was starting to take its toll. And you know it’s bad when the Hubs literally shoves you into the momstown booth at a baby expo in Barrie and says “This is my wife… she needs you” and then LEAVES you there!! As I watched him walk away from me with our little daughter in tow, I had no choice but to introduce myself to the members working the expo that day, which included, owner Karrie. I found out what it was all about, signed up for my free trial and was at my first event that week. I’ve never looked back!

momstown literally rescued me from going squirly at home. I was a shy person but immediately felt connected somehow to these women. I was able to be myself, share my joys and frustrations and never felt judged. In fact, as time went on and I went to more events, I got to know these women not just as moms, but as people. People who were going through some of the exact same trials, struggles and joys that I was going through in life, not just in parenthood.
I love that momstown is an online community that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s a place where we can go at all hours of the day or night to ask questions, post concerns or vent about our husbands, kids, family etc, and know we are not alone! It’s a source of encouragement, a place to chat and also a place to learn new things (via posts or links to information relevant to family life, moms and women.)

momstown means the world to me. I know members that have kids in school and have moved on from mosmtown but have remained close friends that see each other all the time. My very best friends are long time momstown members. We met back in 2008 and through these years have developed close friendships that extend outside of momstown. We’ve shared moments of laughter, joy and sorrow together. We’ve seen our families grow from having only one or two children to three and perhaps more! And that all started with meeting at momstown.
Thanks Karrie for the opportunity to share my thoughts on momstown with everyone today! Keep up the fantastic work! We wouldn’t have a momtown Barrie without all you do!
3 comments:
Love this post!
Love this. I'm crying of course!! :)
Awesome! Love it!
Post a Comment