Spring is finally here... for real. I think we have see the last of the snow and cold and the warm weather is here to stay.
Last summer I moved to a new home, it was the end of the summer and the home had been vacant for a bit and the gardens were a bit over grown. I didn't think too much of it as I just needed to move in and get my little family settled.
Well with all the snow gone for good and the nice weather here, we have been spending more and more time outside. And I have had more and more time to see how rough the gardens are.
I do not have a green thumb. Not even a little. I kill house plants unless they are plastic, and even those ones should fear me.
I like gardens, I like the idea of having a beautiful garden, but not sure how to get started. The idea of pulling all the yucky plants out seems daunting. Deciphering what is a weed and what is a plant is not easy.
So I have decided I just have to go for it.... starting ripping things out and get myself to ground zero and start from there.
The problem is, once I empty the garden, what the heck do I do with it!!!!
My first thought is just to fill it all in with grass seed. that's easy enough, all I have to do then is wait for it to grow and cut it when it gets too long. (and that's a whole other story on how I have never used a power lawn mower!). Now as easy that seems, I know I wont be happy because I do want some sort of garden, maybe not high maintenance flowers or anything that needs lots work, but something that just looks nice. I have to start somewhere!!!
SO wish me luck.... let the gardening begin!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment