Friday, December 20, 2013

Cookie Exchange Fun!

Cookie Exchanges are one of the great parts of the holidays.  It's a great time to get together with friends for a festive outing full of cookies!!


I usually take part in 2 every year, one with the awesome momstown mamas and one with a group of long time friends.  That's a whole lot of baking!!  It's so much fun to get in the festive spirit and bake cookies, usually with the kids!

Getting together with the girls is always fun but when you get some delicious cookies in there it's just that much better!

Over the years we have seen some pretty awesome and delicious cookies.  Every year I have a favorite, last year was an Oreo truffle like cookie, to die for!!  This year, one of the momstown mamas made a Fruit Jumble cookie that I just fell in love with.... and I am using this amazing recipe!

Thanks to Jenn S. for letting me share this recipe with you!  I hope you enjoy it!!

Chocolate Fruit Jumble Cookies
1 cup salted butter softened (if you only have unsalted add about 1/2 tsp salt)
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar packed
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 cups if you use the mini ones like I do)
2 cups of dried fruit or nuts of your choice (I used 1 cup cranberries 1/2 cup cherries and 1/2 cup chopped pecans)
Preheat oven to 300 F
Cream butter and sugars together
Add eggs and vanilla
Mix flour and baking powder in until combined
Add in chocolate fruit and nuts mix until combined
Drop on parchment lined backing sheet buy rounded tablespoons
Bake for 22-24 minutes. After baking transfer immediately to flat surface to cool.

No comments: