I hope everyone enjoyed Family Day on Monday. It was nice to have a long weekend following a busy week and take some time to spend with family.
Life is so busy and I am always running around from place to place, getting things done, packing lunches, going to Karate, working etc. This family day I really enjoyed having some down time with my boys. We went skating in the morning and I loved watching my 7 yr old race around the ice, taking the time with my 3 yr old to help him skate. We sat at the snack bar and had chips and juice, just talking and being silly. Braydon, my 7yr old son said "I wish we could go swimming now!" I looked at him and said, "ok! lets go home and get our stuff!" I thought he was going to fall off his chair. Usually we have to rush to another activity, or get grocerys, or get home to clean the house. Instead, we ran home, got our suits and off we went to the pool! it was great. We were all exhausted at the end of the day and everyone was in bed early. As I watched my boys sleep, I sat back and thought about how fast time goes and we really do have to cherish every moment, because it goes away fast!
We are celebrating all of our February Birthdays on Monday here in Momstown at our Monthly Birthday celebration. I am sure there will be cake everywhere and lots of great picture opportunities. It will be a time to sit back, reflect and see how fast your little one has grown. If it is your childs first birthday or their 3rd, I am sure at some point you have asked yourself where has the time gone, and watched in amazement as your little one learns new things each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment