I have moved a few times since being a mom, 4 times to be exact before this last move. Each time it was just myself and my oldest daughter.. small apartment to small apartment.
The moves were usually easy and uneventful as we didnt have a lot to pack or unpack.
This week I made my fifth move and boy oh boy was it interesting!
Having lived in our last home for just over 6 years and having 2 more kids since the last move, I knew that this one would be bigger, but I wasn't prepared for the mayhem!!
I recently became a single mom again(another story for another blog), and preparing to move with 3 kids proved to be interesting!
Firstly, we only had five weeks to prepare to move. That meant, purging, packing and repacking what the kids unpacked.
We lived out of boxes, we ate off paper plates and ordered a lot of pizza in the last weeks. And apparently that continues as we start to get settled.
It really amazed me how much stuff we had accumulated over the past 6 years. Kids really do have a lot of random useless "crap", which by the way is how the boxes got labelled..."random crap".
All in the 5 weeks that we had to move we had a lot going on with it being summer. Planned cottage vactions, a week at camp for my oldest, birthdays, playdates, etc. not to mention a little thing like the momstown 5th Birthday Bash... that's right, the final prep for the birthday bash all took place while I was packing and trying to get ready to move.
As I packed boxes, more and more were delivered for our awesome party. It looked like a war zone created out of boxes at my place.
Thank goodness for all the help I received not in the final days before our birthday bash, but in the final days for my move.
Moving day came and I had awesome friends help out and make the day go by easily. Ok well they at least reduced my stress and made me smile in middle of all the mayhem!
Now that we have moved, and once again surrounded by boxes (climbing boxes should be an olympic sport!), we begin the unpacking, the sorting, the decorating and all the other fun stuff that comes with a new home.
I can firmly say with strong conviction I will never move again. At least not for a very, very, long time.


No comments:
Post a Comment