I have been feeling a little sentimental lately, this always happens at milestones for me.
Kids birthdays, my birthday, weddings, anniversaries, births... anything really. Ok I am a bundle of super emotions and sometimes I can't control them!
With so many things happening in my own life over the last year and so many things happening in my friends lives, I spend a lot of time thinking and reflecting on the "why's" and the "how's".
This past year I have gone through a separation, a move and the process of starting over. I have watched my babies adjust. I have watched myself adjust. I thank my stars that I have had the support that I have.
In the past year I have also watch friends get married, have babies, lose babies, go through divorce, lose jobs, and all the while through all the turmoil, persevere. I think this is how I personally survive, knowing I am not alone.
So this past week my sentiments have greatly surrounded relationships as I have watched my friends and family go through times of increased love and times of loss.
My own situation has caused me to reflect greatly on the importance of relationships and the importance of nurturing them, new or old.
I watch my parents, who married under less than ideal circumstances as teenagers, expecting a baby, and surviving almost 38 years of marriage and will probably be together another 38. They are the ultimate in role models for how to have a relationship.
I came across a great list of way to keep the spark alive in an old relationship... or to light a spark in a new one. Such simple thoughts, yet ones that could mean the world to someone else.
Fun things to do as a couple: courtesy of Buzzle.com
• Hungry? Cook an exotic dish together and explore your culinary talents.
• Swimming, stretching, crunches, exercise together.
• Play a game of truth or dare with your partner and get as naughty as you can.
• Couples trying to knock each other down in a pillow fight is an interesting and fun-filled activity.
• Give a relaxing massage to your partner. Add a touch of romance with soft music playing in the background.
• Rent some DVDs and enjoy a movie marathon together.
• Playing video games is a challenging and very fun activity to do at home.
• Have a musical streak? Try composing a song together, that will become your 'special song'.
• Redecorating your house together is another fun thing for couples to do at home. This will help you create a living space that matches your style and tastes.
• Enjoy a relaxing bubble bath together.
• Blindfold each other and play random games. (If you know what I mean!)
• Compile a list of all your favorite songs and movies. Burn it later and enjoy!
• Swimming, stretching, crunches, exercise together.
• Play a game of truth or dare with your partner and get as naughty as you can.
• Couples trying to knock each other down in a pillow fight is an interesting and fun-filled activity.
• Give a relaxing massage to your partner. Add a touch of romance with soft music playing in the background.
• Rent some DVDs and enjoy a movie marathon together.
• Playing video games is a challenging and very fun activity to do at home.
• Have a musical streak? Try composing a song together, that will become your 'special song'.
• Redecorating your house together is another fun thing for couples to do at home. This will help you create a living space that matches your style and tastes.
• Enjoy a relaxing bubble bath together.
• Blindfold each other and play random games. (If you know what I mean!)
• Compile a list of all your favorite songs and movies. Burn it later and enjoy!
I think reading this, many of you will feel as I do, so simple, yet so enjoyable with someone you care about.
NO matter how old we are or how long our relationships have last, we need to remember to take time from life and enjoy those people in our lives. I know for certain, that it's time for me to enjoy the simple things and I hope that this inspires others to



No comments:
Post a Comment