We have all done it, lined up for what seems like hours with other crazy parents and their crying or overly excited child, waiting to see the big guy.
There he is, sitting on his big chair, all jolly and and full of holiday spirit waiting for the next child to tell him their wishes for Christmas. I always wonder what he is thinking. Is he thinking oh gees not that screaming kid, or great another crying baby for me to scare, or i hope this kid doesn't pee on me again.... He has to sit there for a long time and see a lot of kids... what would you be thinking?
But not all the kids are happy to be seeing Santa... like my son. My Son screamed "NO, scary!" before we even got in a line! So being child number 3 I didn't force him. The first two I forced to sit on his knee crying or not. Yep, I was that mom!
I know my son is not alone here. I know there are tons of kids who want nothing to do with the big fat strange man and his big white beard and furry red suit who Ho, Ho Ho's at random. Until of course it's time to get the gifts. But really, what are we telling our kids! At Halloween we send them out to strangers houses to beg for candy and at Christmas we send them to sit on a strange mans lap and disclose their secrets! Strange and all for our pleasure as a parent.
Yet we do it... every darn year. I have pictures from every year since my oldest had her first visit with Santa. (that would be 15 Christmases now!!) Most are full of smiles. The tears and scared faces came from the little ones. Last year I couldn't even get my son to sit on Santa's knee.
This year I was able to get all 3 to sit with Santa. Albeit the only way my son would even go near him was in the arms of Megan, my oldest.... and she was none too thrilled to have to sit on Santa's knee but she did it for me,and for her little brother and sister and was full of smiles. Can you see Santa by the way... he's there, you just have to look!
| These are my kids with Santa... can you find him? |
Thank you to everyone that shared their pictures with me! I loved seeing all the kids reactions to Santa.

No comments:
Post a Comment